Corporate Law Partner
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate and commercial litigation
- Complex negotiations
- Shareholders’ disputes
- Law, Universiteit van Amsterdam (1996)
- Postgraduate specialist course ‘Fusies en Overnames’ (‘Mergers and Acquisitions’), Grotius Academie (2003)
- Course ‘Finance for Lawyers’, Amsterdam Institute of Finance (2007)
- Several courses in the field of negotiating, among which the course ‘Program on Negotiation’, Harvard Law School (2017)
Henk is highly experienced in negotiating, managing mergers and acquisitions as well as company disputes. He formulates a clear strategy and has a pragmatic approach. A good and elaborate preparation (with an analysis of the dispute issues, interests, wishes and position of the parties involved) is essential. It is important to him to keep the dialogue between parties going, but with a clear (tough) message and he is prepared to start legal proceedings if necessary.
Henk is deal focused and has a constructive approach. Like no other he knows what is important for his clients and is aware of the several possible pitfalls at the company of his clients. He often acts as a sounding board for the owner-director. He knows by experience what the ins and outs of doing business are: he started a temp agency in 1994 which he sold in 1996, after which he made a trip around the world.
Henk is a lawyer since 1997 and has been employed with, among others, Baker & McKenzie and Lexence.
Henk is a member of the Association of Corporate Litigation (‘Vereniging Corporate Litigation’) and a recommended lawyer by The Legal 500.
- Henk Brat
- +31 20 5210 686
- +31 6 553 944 59