Welcome by Vestius
Vestius focuses entirely on corporate law and employment law. Our solicitors are specialists in one of those fields. Only that way can they continuously specialise further in their field and keep their specialist knowledge and experience up to date.
More about Vestius
- Newsletter Vestius April 2018: regarding Remedial Act for the Dutch Work and Security Act, Duration of 30% rule reduced and the importance of a shareholder’s agreement.
- Newsletter Vestius December 2017 regarding: Legislative changes 2018, Coalition agreement and Supreme Court on agency agreements.
- Newsletter Vestius June 2017 including: Holidays: what do they actually cost?, the new European Privacy Regulation and employer’s liability to independent contractors.
- Newsletter Vestius March 2017 regarding: general elections and consequences for employment law, amendment to Arbowet and new code of conduct for venture capital companies.
- Newsletter Vestius December 2016: regarding enforcement Deregulation Act postponed, payrolling allowed under ‘agency work umbrella’, revised Corporate Governance Code and the Work and Security Act in 2016.
- Newsletter Vestius June 2016: regarding employees falling sick during holidays, reinstatement of employees and the introduction of director disqualification under civil law.
- Newsletter Vestius April 2016: Regarding the Dutch Wistleblower Protection Act, fair severance in termination proceedings and the reporting of the inability to pay to the Tax Administration.
- Newsletter Vestius February 2016: Regarding VAR to be replaced by model agreement, conflicts in the workplace and changes in accounting law.
- Newsletter nr. 6 (December 2015): Regarding the first experiences with ‘payment on the ground of fairness” and amendments to privacy legislation as from 1 January 2016.
- Newsletter nr. 5 (October 2015): Regarding the termination at retirement age clause and the access to employee data from the USA.
- Newsletter nr. 4 (September 2015): Regarding the first judgments on notification duty and joint and several liability in group exemptions.
- Newsletter nr. 3 (June 2015): Regarding the study costs agreement under the Work and Security Act and a clarification of notice periods.
- Newsletter nr. 2 (April 2015): Regarding employee competition in 2015 and directors’ liability in case of prescription and interruption.
- Newsletter nr. 1 (February 2015): a.o. use of a settlement agreement to circumvent the ketenregeling is not permitted
- Newsletter: New Year Greetings and Rectification newsletter
- Newsletter nr. 7 (December 2014): a.o. directors and shareholders: beware of employment contracts
- Newsletter nr. 6 (October 2014): a.o. judges allowed to anticipate new dismissal law
- Newsletter nr. 5 (August 2014): a.o. an alternative form of financing in case of acquisitions
- Newsletter nr. 4 (June 2014): a.o. holiday salary cannot be limited to the basic salary.
- Newsletter nr. 3 (apr. 2014): Beware of derogating notice periods in employment contracts
- Newsletter nr. 2 (febr. 2014) Work and Security Act changes employment law definitely
- Newsletter nr. 1 (jan. 2014): drastic change of the Sickness Benefits Act as of 1 January 2014
- Newsletter nr. 6 (dec. 2013): a.o. foundation's disclosure requirements
- Newsletter nr. 5 (oct. 2013): a.o. update on dismissal law reform
- Daan van Noord in the board of the Amsterdam Young Bar Association
- Newsletter nr. 4 - (august 2013), a.o. prevent trainees from becoming employees
- Newsletter nr. 3 - (june 2013), a.o. dismissal at retirment age no longer a matter of course
Sid Lee engages Vestius to handle all the employment law cases for which we do not have sufficient in-house expertise. It is particularly remarkable how fast they answer my questions... Sjoerd Koopman, Director HR/Operations Amsterdam
- Sid Lee -
I came in touch with Vestius via our HR Director in England some years ago. Our contacts really are remarkably smooth... Annemieke Jongbloed, HR-adviseur
- Hospira -
Vestius advises Concern voor Werk on e.g. reorganizations and questions related to collective employment agreements. Reorganizations often involve questions of both employment law and corporate law at the same time, so were are pleased that Vestius offers both those specialisms. In my opinion, what... Sander Post, Directeur HR
- Concern voor Werk -
Each organization selects the attorney or law firm that suits it. We prefer to solve conflicts rather than going to court. It usually just takes a lot of time, energy and money if a conflict escalates and a file has to be compiled, so we like to avoid that. As soon as we call in Vestius, the case is handled in a practical and structured manner. The emotional confusion involved in a conflict is then reduced, also for... Terry Aurik, Managing Director
- Lebara -
Redactiepartners uses Vestius’s services for matters related to corporate law and employment law. There is little distance between the firm and its clients. I notice that regularly and I consider it an excellent quality. Whenever I speak to anyone at Vestius, a receptionist, secretary or attorney, they all know... Martijn Bennis, Directeur
- Redactie Partners -
When we wanted to sell one of our websites, we came in touch with Vestius. Vestius concerned itself not only with drafting the contracts, but also enthusiastically undertook the negotiations. We were very pleased with that. As a seller, you are too emotionally involved; you’re afraid that your own website may... Rob Koster, Eigenaar
- SKMG -
Tommy Hilfiger is a client of Vestius Attorneys in relation to legal advice and guidance regarding Dutch employment law issues. Vestius were recommended to Tommy Hilfiger on the basis of the reputation of its lawyers, who were referred to as 'extremely reputable' and 'very professional'. After working with this law... Liz Mayhew, European Director of Human Resources
- Tommy Hilfiger Europe -
Vestas and Vestius: the names are very similar. And it is indeed a good match! It’s as if we and Vestius truly belong together: our relationship with Vestius is close and pleasant. We have our own legal department, but we are pleased to regularly call in Vestius’s specialist knowledge. Vestas Benelux is represented by... Elvira Roeterink, Jurist
- Vestas -